Sunday, June 13, 2010

Exhaustion

When I am exhausted, it's hard for me to think, let alone think clearly. The reaction time in my brain slows to the point it seems to be dragging through a river of molasses. (I wish I could say "molasses in January", but it's too hot for my brain to even slow that much!) And when I can't think clearly, I don't feel myself the best slave nor the best companion (not to be confused with Companion). I hate when this happens, but I know it's something that will happen from time to time in my life.

I feel the weight of all the things I still have to do for the day on my head, but don't have the energy to even begin them. Coffee helps, thank goodness, and my taste for iced coffee that was developed when I lived in New York takes away the problem of more heat. Thankfully, Master understands all of this. I just have to tell him what is wrong, and he adds that into the equation. Hells, I don't even have to tell him most of the time - he can tell by the way I speak or type, not to mention the fact he knows how little sleep I've had these past few days.

I've been sent off to take a cool soak, and am finishing this entry while a bit of warmer water is drawn into the bath. (I like starting it warm, and then letting cool water splash over my toes, lowering the temperature and cooling me off without making me cringe.) The third in a series of Pride and Prejudice books by Pamela Aiden awaits me... ooh, Mr. Darcy! After that, I need to buckle down, as my Mom says, and plow through the stacked up homework and tests and all. Books for the summer semester still need to be ordered, trash should be taken to the Dumpster, and I have an inworld class to finish writing. I suppose being this busy is much better than being bored!

No comments:

Post a Comment