Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sort Of An Explanation

I guess I should explain to anyone coming to read this blog that you're not really going to find much in the way of titillation here. No stories about the bratty slavegirl being whipped mercilessly by her Master. (Okay, I hope not, at least! Going to try to avoid that one...) No juicy descriptions of sex scenes or anything.

What you will find is just me talking about my life and my relationship with my Master, who is really just a regular man, or so he keeps insisting to me. I'll let you know when I decide if I think that, too. *laughs* He and I have been close friends for nearly four years, albeit online. This was well before any M/s or romance or any such thing happened. I like this, because I feel much more comfortable with him than I would had we just started right off as master and slave.

He knows me as a very upset person, a woman angry inside at herself and at men she hoped would be more than they could manage to be for her. He knows me as someone shaken by a refusal I honestly didn't think would happen (and in a Dear Jane note, at that!). We know each other when we are livid, or hurt, or laughing, or silly, or excited, or quiet, or not feeling too well. We are the same age, so I can mention a Sesame Street skit, and he knows which one I'm talking about without explanation. We have so many things in common it's amazing, and yet many different things special to ourselves that make discovering each other so much fun.

The thing is, we have known each other as friends, so we can now discover the rest without having to figure out if we are compatible just hanging around together in the long term. That is what this blog is - the second part of the journey of discovery. If we seem too informal, it is because we don't feel the need for formality as a constant with each other. I don't know about Master, but it would stifle me, make me worry about stepping the wrong way or breaking some small rule of etiquette I'd forgotten. And I would feel afraid to laugh and joke with him, which would dampen my spirit and my joy. I know that isn't something he wants - he's said so on quite a few occasions.

I like the way things are going, and I am hoping people who wander across this blog might see a glimpse of this life in a different light, if they don't already.

That's all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment