Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer Term

Today begins the summer 2010 term at my college. Slowly but surely I am plodding my way to my AA degree, then on to a BA. This summer, I am taking Art History. It's part of the requirements for my concentration, plus it's interesting. Writing-intensive, too, which I like.

One of the things I really appreciate about Master is that I have yet to hear him question my choice of classes. He is very supportive and encouraging, which is wonderful, but doesn't pull the "Why don't you go for a business degree so you can make more money?" thing. I have no interest in a business degree. I don't want to wind up in a career I have no interest in, and find dull and stifling. I don't care how much money I would supposedly make. (To be honest, I wouldn't make much, because I wouldn't care about my work.)

And that seems fine with him. He cares about my learning, not so much about my earning. Who knows, too... what I am learning might just wind up turning into a good, profitable business someday, too. Maybe a few books written and published. Maybe a teaching degree at some point, if I decide to go that way.

For now, I need to make an A in this class, to offset the complete goat rope that happened last semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment