Sunday, June 13, 2010

Of Birthdays And Homework

His birthday was yesterday. I had hoped to get a few things off in the mail to him in time, but you know how life can be. Another hope: that his day ended on a better note than it began.

I am lucky in many different ways, not the least being Master's encouragement regarding my continuing education. I have a ton of makeup work to do before mid-week, thanks to computer crashes and glitches and unforeseen bits, and not only has he supplied me with the tools to fix the problems, but he is pushing me along. Would I push myself to finish all this normally? Yes. But there is an added layer of felt responsibility, of need to not disappoint, that goes along with everything now. He wants me to succeed; he wants me to finish; he wants to see my GPA continue to float in the higher levels. And I don't want to hear disappointment in his voice, or see it in his eyes. I don't want to be the cause of that.

So, yes. My Sunday "off" will be spent doing a lot of work I have already done, and a lot more I missed thanks to the snafus. But it is worth every moment of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment